This is the least interesting (and most rapidly written) page update of the year but it’d be a shame to break the habit after 5 years…
So, looking back on 2018, I’d give the first 6 months a score of 1/10 in terms of enjoyment and performance and, somewhat miraculously, the second half of the year a 9/10!
And, within the 3,600km (68km/week), here are my best and worst!
- Best performance: Lyon Half Marathon
- Worst performance: London Big Half Marathon
- “Closest to giving up racing for good” race: Valencia Half Marathon
- Most likely to give me a heart attack run: Hadrian’s Wall 105km
- Scrap that, this one really could have: London Marathon
- Prettiest: Namibia